AUDIO: Kwame Nkrumah Tikesie, Okay FM presenters beg NPP


Host of Okay FM’s Morning Show, Kwame Nkrumah Tikesie and some presenters of the station have rendered an unqualified apology to the New Patriotic Party (NPP).

On his show Wednesday morning, Kwame Nkrumah Tikesie asked the NPP to put their differences behind them and forgive him (Kwame).

His apologies come in the wake of NPP's boycott of two Despite Group media houses – Okay FM and Neat FM – over what the party says is a deliberate attempt to tarnish the party’s image.

The NPP as part of the boycott, asked its communicators not to appear on two top programmes on Neat FM and Okay FM hosted by  Adakabre Frimpong Manso and Kwame Tikesie respectively.

It is unclear yet whether the NPP will rescind its decision but owners of the two media houses in a rather soft statement appealed to the NPP to rescind its decision as according to them, 'the companies have tried to be professional and apolitical to contribute towards nation building.

But even before the dust settles on the matter, one of the talk show hosts, Adakabre Frimpong Manso told Joy FM that Nana Akufo-Addo once issued death threats on his life.

He claimed to be in possession of several text messages from the NPP camp that dictated that he would be killed.

“…Nana Addo abused and threatened me, I was so sad and scared but I kept quiet because I didn’t want to be the fall guy through which something happens and they would say it is because of Adakabre so I kept quiet. I was afraid because…I was told to the face that you will be killed at a specific date, I have all the evidence, I can substantiate them…I have everything on my phone, I have kept the phones and I would be willing to show it to anybody who wants to see them,” Frimpong Manso said.

Addressing the issue for the first time on his show, the former Hot FM presenter, Kwame Nkrumah Tikesie said he is not ready to grant interviews on the issue but rather seek forgiveness from the NPP.

“We are all working to build our country and not to tarnish anybody’s reputation and so I want to use this opportunity to apologise to the party if our actions in one way or the other have affected the party. I’m not ready to talk about this issue on radio stations but rather ask for forgiveness so that we can all move on,” he said.

His appeal was supported by newspaper reviewers on the show, who appealed to the NPP to in all ernest forgive their host.

Listen to OKAY FM KWAME NKURUMAH TIKESIE APOLOGY TO NPP,NANA ADDO...
-
-
Source: Adomonline.com
posted from Bloggeroid

Comments