I don’t regret insulting NDC activist – Frank Serebour



The General Secretary of the Ghana Medical Association (GMA) Dr. Frank Serebour is not backing down and says he does not regret insulting one of the communicators of the governing National Democratic Congress (NDC).

Last Friday, in an interview on Accra based Hot FM,  he attacked the NDC representative on the Show who said “Ghanaians were tired of doctors.”

According to Dr Serebour, the comments he made, which have created a media frenzy, were not misplaced as he was only saying things the NDC communicators say themselves.

“We need to let them (government communicators) know that we can equally respond in their language but we restrain ourselves because we respect ourselves,” he said.

“I won’t retract them…I have not regretted…I think that at a point in time you have to let people know that you can also get to that level. So I’m not ready to retract. I have not regretted the insults I hurled on him.”

Dr. Serebour said that insults were not the “bona fide” property of the NDC although they treated them us such, not expecting to be responded to when they intimidate others.

“Sometimes some people take insults as their bona fide property, so they can at all-time insult but you cannot insult them. On this particular programme, there was NDC Communicator who was on the programme; [Kwame] I had been called to talk and was standing on the other side of the line. He wouldn’t even allow me to talk…So I went down on him and I don’t regret it.
                                                             
 

There has been a standoff between the government and the doctors who are on strike to push their demand for better conditions of service.

The doctors’ demands, which include up to 100 gallons of fuel allowance a month, were leaked to the media over the weekend.

The GMA argue that they are entitled to everything they are demanding given the excessive allowances given to government officials.

Source: Citifmonline

Comments